Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Connectivism




• How has your network changed the way you learn?

One of the biggest adjustments I have experienced is handling the numerous methods of communication and networking. It is a little bit of a learning curve to be able to utilize many of the methods effectively. It takes time and practice to start implementing the usage as a part of the everyday life. The effect has been the added time has caused some delay in the process of accomplishing tasks. This can be frustrating, especially when I am accustomed to completing projects and tasks in a timely manner. On the other hand, the additional options provide a larger information and collaboration pool compared to previous options. This has been a benefit by allowing me to find a wide variety of information, as well as, communicate and discuss ideas and concepts with others who would not normally be part of the process.

• Which digital tools best facilitate learning for you?

Online forums, online library resources, and other educational or science specific web sites are the most beneficial digital tools for my learning process. The forums provide the ability to have an interactive course of action as part of the learning experience. The online library resources provide access to a vast amount of research and information pertaining to my educational field. In addition, there are many web sites containing valuable information and resources for science, technology, and education that provide useful approaches as part of the learning process.

• How do you learn new knowledge when you have questions?

When I have questions I look up information through many different media such as books, articles, forums, organizational sites, etc. After I have found the information that is pertinent, I think about the information and how it relates to the application process for the intended goals. I discuss the information and application possibilities with family, friends, and colleagues so I can gain a better understanding of the information. If possible, I try to actively apply information in the educational setting. During this process I will research more information if needed for a better grasp of the information or application. This cycle will continue until I have gained the level of proficiency intended.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree that there is a learning curve with technology but there is a wealth of information available that was not available even as short as 5 years ago. Sometimes the problem that I have is sifting through all of the information to find what I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete